Erika Blikman

, ,








Eika Blikman 2002   Bachelor of Fine Arts, AKI Art Academy of Art and Design, Enschede, the Netherlands
2002   Master Applied Communication science, University Twente, Enschede, the Netherlands

Selected Exhibition2011   re.surface, Seoul Art Space GEUMCHEON, Seoul, Korea
2010   New neighbors, Historical Museum Rotterdam, the Netherlands
         Doortekening, the GKf-festival in FOAM (museum of photography Amsterdam),
         the Netherlands
         Participant in PAPA Platform from artist Lino Hellings, the Netherlands
         Chinese Stew research, Casco - Office for Art, Design and Theory, the Netherlands
2007   Virtual Children’s Home, Kyunghee University Gallery, Seoul, Korea

Award2008   Foundation for Visual Arts, Design and Architecture grant

Publication2010   Photo book New neighbors published by Post Editions, the Netherlands

Residency2011   Seoul Art Space GEUMCHEON 2nd-term residency artist, Seoul, Korea
2007   Artist in residence, Het Vijfde Seizoen, the Netherlands


Born in Pusan, 1974
Visual artist and photographer

I photograph, film or describe in commission, on my own initiative or in community art connection. Besides photographer I am a person who organizes, mediates and creates conditions where art comes into its own and fascinates people. I am a director of unexpected encounters and interested in new thoughts and ideas that arise when people enter into a dialogue.



Transformations - and encounters with - others, are a source of inspiration. Because I was adopted I developed a unique view at the world. I always looked at my own identity in relation with others and my environment. And I discovered that adoption had a strong influence on my sense of home. My work consists of several studies on this matter.


New Neighbors



                                                                                              Chinese Hutspot
                                                                                      Maanfeest-AnnavanKooij
Real Bananas